Blount County Young Professionals
What is Blount County Young Professionals?
Blount County Young Professionals invites individuals ages 21-40 who work, live, or play in Blount County to join BCYP. A Blount County Chamber of Commerce membership is not required to participate.
Mission: Blount County Young Professionals aims to attract and retain young, diverse talent by providing inclusive and meaningful opportunities for career development and community engagement through service, connection, mentorship.
Vision: Blount County Young Professionals contribute to a thriving and diverse local economic landscape by inspiring emerging young leaders to contribute to the vitality of our community and engage civically.
How do I receive first access to BCYP events?
By completing the Young Professionals Questionnaire, you will be notified first of upcoming BCYP events.
How to get more involved?
If you are interested in being more involved in BCYP events, join one of our five committees by reaching out to Alexa Johns (email@example.com) at (865) 983-2241.
- Community Service & Outreach: Participants of this committee will assist the Community Service & Outreach chair with planning for community service events. Activities may include brainstorming, preplanning, setup/breakdown, coordinating with partner organizations, finding volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Membership & Engagement: Participants of this committee will assist the Membership & Engagement chair with recruiting individuals to participate in BCYP and ensuring members stay engaged and informed of the benefits of BCYP. Participants may be asked to reach out to new members and meet with them one-on-one. Serve as an ambassador of Blount County Young Professionals and make the committee chair aware of opportunities with potential referral partners.
- Professional Development: Participants of this committee will assist the Professional Development chair with planning for professional development events. Activities may include brainstorming topics, preplanning, research professional development opportunities, setup/breakdown, etc. Make the committee chair aware of potential speakers or training opportunities.
- Events & Public Relations: Participants of this committee will assist the Events & Public Relations Chair with social media/marketing ideas and/or content generation, and assisting with event needs such as: finding potential venues, planning logistics with the event vendors setup/breakdown, etc. Participants will also help plan networking and opportunities and special events (ex. tours, celebrations).
- Mentorship: Participants of this committee will assist the Mentorship chair with recruiting mentors and mentees, matching mentee/mentor, checking in with mentors, assessing their need and goals, etc.
How do I get more information?
If you are interested in learning more about the Young Professionals group, please contact Alexa Johns (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (865) 983-2241.
- To join, please complete the Young Professionals Questionnaire.
- View the calendar for upcoming events.