As a lifelong Tennessean, David A. Shanks of The Shanks Companies is familiar with life in the Volunteer State. A native of Rogersville, Tennessee, David has spent more than 15 years in commercial real estate, working as an appraiser, broker, contractor and investor, a unique combination that allows David to bring exceptional value to his clients. In addition to these skills, David is also a MAI Designated appraiser, making his knowledge and expertise unique among brokers.
The MAI Designation that David holds comes from his meticulous work in earning this title. Recognized on a global basis, a MAI Designation is earned as a series of courses that extend over and above state certifications for appraisers. An incredibly strenuous process, the MAI Designation is the highest achievement for commercial appraisers that is renewable every five years to ensure that individuals who have receive MAI Designation are aware of the latest information for appraisers.
David is the member of several boards in the Blount County and Maryville communities, including:
- Blount County Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Blount County Chamber Government Relations/Rapid Response Team, 2016-Present
- Harbours Gate Board of Directors, 2016-Present
- Maryville High School Athletic Boosters Board, 2016-2018
- Fairview United Methodist Church: Board of Trustees, 2012-2014, Staff Parish, 2017-Present
David A. Shanks is a resident of Maryville, Tennessee, where the offices of The Shanks Companies are located. David lives with his wife and three children, who are the driving force behind the work that David does for TSC.