As the Maryville area has grown, it’s become Blount County’s most populous city with just over 27,000 citizens and is currently the county seat. With its many great qualities it’s obvious why people want to live here and raise a family. So, it’s no surprise that companies are choosing Blount County as the perfect community in which to grow their business. Forbes magazine moved the region's business ranking from 17th to 5th place in the nation, ahead of all other Tennessee metro areas in overall rankings.
With a population of more than 123,000 and approximately 10,000 businesses, Blount County offers many business opportunities.
Most businesses - startups and established business-to-business (B2B) companies - need some guidance to help them navigate the crowded marketing landscape. It’s not easy to run a business and worry about the marketing and promotion too. Here are some tips to help you plan your company’s marketing initiatives and achieve growth:
- Identify your target market, trying to be as “narrow” as possible
- Identify your competitors and research their marketing campaigns
- Create a brand positioning statement: it should include what you do, who you do it for, and what makes you unique
- Plan your social media around your existing marketing efforts; you don’t need to have a presence on every platform for it to be effective, but knowing which ones you should use to reach your target audience helps
- Have an outreach plan to target your specific audience with marketing and public relations campaigns and start executing that plan
Established businesses sometimes find themselves with competition they didn’t count on, especially in growing communities like ours, so keeping your business “top of mind” is even more important than ever.
It’s always a great time to invest in Blount County and add to the already flourishing business opportunities our area provides.
By Heather Ripley, Maryville-native and president of Ripley PR, a national business-to-business public relations agency