The Maryville to Townsend Greenway will have economic, social and health benefits for the residents of Blount County and the region:
- The estimated economic impact of the trail is approximately $65 million over a 10-year period.
- For every $1 spent on greenway construction and maintenance there will be a return on the investment of $2.66.
- Fifty percent of U.S. residents say that walkability is a top or high priority when considering where to live.
- A National Association of Realtors and the National Association of Home Buyers joint survey listed trails as the second most important consideration for community amenities by home buyers.
- Homeowners will pay $9,000 premium on houses within 1,000 feet of bike paths.
- Tennessee ranks 48th among states for overall health. An increase in physical activity by 5% will save the community as estimated $13 million annually by reducing medical costs and lost productivity.
Be sure to follow us on social media.