History of the Blount County Chamber of Commerce
The Blount County Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1920 by the Kiwanis Club. Today the Blount Chamber has more than 1,300 members whose mission is to develop a robust economic base by providing members: Access to information, Business resources and activities that enhance the quality of life for all who live, work and play in our region. The vision statement of the Blount Chamber is to be the leading catalyst for creating a cooperative, productive, and prosperous community.
The Blount Chamber serves under the direction of a 20-member Board, employees a staff of 27 and is a part of a four organization alliance known as the Blount Partnership. The members of this alliance are: the Economic Development Board of Blount County, Smoky Mountain Convention and Visitors Bureau, Blount Chamber Foundation and of course, the Blount Chamber of Commerce. Although the members of the partnership share office space, supplies and often times staff, each organization is governed by a separate Board of Directors and a separate budget with different funding streams. The common goal of a thriving economic base makes this partnership very successful. The Blount Chamber is not part of any government, political party or social service organization.