First Tennessee Announces Expanded Intern Program
First Tennessee announces innovative utilization of 23 college interns in conjunction with its Mobile Banking app which launches Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The Mobile Banking interns will provide customer service and technical support for First Tennessee customers. There are 12 additional interns in the Knoxville area performing a variety of other functions at the First Tennessee Call Center and in banking operations for a total of 35 students, the largest group of First Tennessee interns to date in Knoxville.
The interns hail from colleges and universities across Tennessee, with the majority coming from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. A variety of majors is represented as well as a variety of progression toward attaining their degrees. An intern welcome experience on Monday, June 12, 2017 included presentations from First Tennessee leadership including Dave Miller, East Tennessee Region President; Tiffany Gardner, Senior Vice President & Manager, Knoxville Corporate and Commercial Banking; Jeremiah Stevenson, Digital Strategy AVP; and Alice Pope, Head of Contact Center Operations & Customer Experience Officer for First Horizon. A spirited ice breaker activity divided the interns into teams to compete in “A Minute to Win It” game requiring strategy and teamwork.
The new mobile banking app offers a brand new experience that delivers:
- Familiarity to align customers’ digital experience whether banking via web or app.
- Instant information to set alerts and push notifications to a phone to stay informed or enable Quick GlanceSM to check First Tennessee balances and view transactions without logging in.
- Convenience to add payees via Mobile Banking and make payments quickly and easily.
- Control to bring all financial accounts together – even ones at other banks – and move money easily between them all.
- Better insight to create budgets, designate savings goals and track progress.
The mobile banking app is available for both Apple and Android platforms. For more details, links to videos, FAQs and user guides, visit ftb.com/mobile.