Overbey donates time to local Businesses and Organizations
Senator Doug Overbey donates time to local Businesses and Organizations throughout his District. (Republican / Second District / Blount-Sevier Counties)
• On January 13, 2009, Doug Overbey was sworn in as State Senator for the Eighth District, representing Blount and Sevier Counties, after receiving more than 81 percent of the vote in the November 2008 general election. As a member of the 106th and 107th Tennessee General Assemblies, he has been appointed to serve on the Finance, Ways & Means Committee, Vice Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and a member of the Health & General Welfare Committee.
• Sen. Overbey previously represented the 20th House district in the 102nd, 103rd, 104th, and 105th General Assemblies, where he served on the Finance, Ways & Means Committee, Health & Human Resources Committee, Calendar & Rules Committee, Select Committee on Ethics, and Joint Select Committee on Children and Youth.
Sen. Overbey's formal work with tour will include days of volunteer work at local businesses and organizations throughout his district.
WHEN / WHERE:
Tuesday, October 9
• 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.- Sevier County Emergency Management Agency
(245 Bruce Street, Sevierville, TN 37862)
Sen. Overbey will be meeting and spending the day with John Mathews, Emergency Management Agency Director. Mr. Mathews will be showing Sen. Overbey how he writes up threat assessments on various parts of the county. Along with visiting various emergency departments to do walk through of their daily activities
Tuesday, October 23
• 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.- Coulter Grove Intermediate School
(205 Sevierville Road, Maryville, TN 37804)
Sen. Overbey will be speaking to the 6th and 7th grade classes about topics the students learn in their Government class.
Wednesday, October 31
• 6:45 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.- Blount County Highway Department
(1227 McArthur Road Maryville, TN 37804)
Sen. Overbey will be meeting with Blount County Highway Department Superintendent, Bill Dunlap. Mr. Dunlap will send Sen. Overbey out with one of his work crews to help in their daily operations
Thursday, November 1
• 12:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.- Wearwood Elementary School
(3150 Wearwood Drive, Sevierville, TN 37862)
Sen. Overbey will be volunteering at Wearwood Elementary School meeting the faculty and speaking to the students about local and state government.
Friday, November 2
• 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.- Blount County Habitat for Humanity ReStore
(548 Foothills Plaza Drive, Maryville, TN 37801)
Sen. Overbey will be volunteering at the ReStore by helping to sort in-coming donations and unloading donations and assist in the donation picks-ups
NOTE: The Tennessee General Election takes place Tuesday, November 2, with early voting from October 17-November 1, 2012.
Sen. Doug Overbey feels it is important as a public servant to be involved in his community and district. Working with these organizations and businesses is an ideal way for him to stay connected to the needs of the local community. He is able to see his constituent's economic and day to day challenges first-hand and interacting with them on a one-to-one basis provides the best insights for him to take back to Nashville. He is a strong supporter of creating more jobs without creating more government.
For more information on Sen. Doug Overbey, visit www.senatordougoverbey.com.